Thursday, September 4, 2008

Responses

The comments and responses are rolling in...

Money, however, is not.
I'm pondering adding some deadlines to this little project in order to get some closure.

One question, which I'm sure is one a few people's minds, is concerning bathroom facilities in an area designated "primitive camping".

There are two options for restrooms...

From 10:30 to 2:30 each day, while the Ferries are at the dock, everyone uses the marine bathrooms aboard the boats. The bathrooms on the island are closed.
(And if you use the closed bathrooms, you can be fined 200.00 for entering a designated "Closed Area" - And believe me, the rangers will write that ticket without batting an eye.)

After the Ferries leave, the island bathrooms are unlocked. These bathrooms are Clivus composting toilets. They are better than some other CTS units that I've used, and they are lightyears beyond current state-of-the-art public toilets in Asia.


Really, the bathrooms are passable.

(You might wonder why do I have pictures of the toilets? Do I have some bizarre toilet fetish? Sorry, no. You'll have to see some of the folks in Marketing for that kink.
My pics are because I wrote the documentation for operations and cleaning the bastards one year that I was down there. Jeez.)

TBG out-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an ass.